The UP "Streckenfieber" is now officially over for this season. Very many pilots got smitten by the bug, and we have heard that
even pilots who had never met have been in touch during the course of this cyber-event, to discuss tactics, exchange tips and arrange to meet! This makes us very happy; after all, sharing the joy of free flight is PRECISELY what UP is all about!
We now have the winners ready in all categories: In the EN A/EN B class the top podium place goes to Thomas Odenthal, flying his Kantega XC2 to score a total of 2351,22 points. He is followed closely by Bernhard Garthe, also flying the Kantega, and our special Greek friend Aimilios Apostolopoulos, also on a Kantega. Congratulations to all of you, and please get in touch with UP or your local UP pushers to claim your prizes!
In the Sports class, up to EN C, the top place is claimed by Brigitte Kurbel flying her Trango XC2 to a total of 4554,56 points. Second place in the Sports Class is Australian Bruce Marks, and he is followed by Tomas Benes from the Czech Republic in third place. These placements are proof that the event has already turned into a very international affair, and that makes us happy too!
Full list of winners and prizes:
UP-Models: Ascent², Makalu³ UP - Makalu Light, Kantega XC, Kantega XC²
1. Thomas Odenthal (total 2351,22 points) wins a UP paraglider*
2. Bernhard Garthe (total 2178,24 points) wins 60% off his next UP paraglider*
3. Aimilios Apostolopoulos (1920,54 points) wins 50% off his next UP paraglider*
4. Herbert Heumann (total 1699,70 points) wins 40% off his next UP paraglider*
5. Thomas Sauter (total 1108,06 points) wins a UP Silkbody and a UP T-Shirt*
6. Werner Resel (total 752,75 points) wins a Soft Shell Vest „Aconcagua“ and a T-Shirt*
7. Torsten Schremmer (total 616,59 points) wins a „Stuffbag“ and a UP-Basecap
8. Clemens Ruf (total 446,95 points) wins a pair of „Asgard“ gloves and a UP-Basecap
9. Dietrich Wallenfels (total 378,78 points) wins a UP Longsleeve Tee and a UP-Basecap
10. Edwin Grootoonk (total 375,30 points) wins a T-Shirt* and a UP-Basecap
*of choice from the current range
UP-Models: Summit XC, Summit XC², Trango XC², Trango XLight2 in S
1. Brigitte Kurbel (total 4554,56 points) wins a UP paraglider*
2. Bruce Marks (total 4459,35 points) wins 60% off his next UP paraglider*
3. Tomas Benes (total 2738,95 points) wins 50% off his next UP paraglider*
4. Vladimir Hoffmann (total 2257,55 points) wins 40% off his next UP paraglider*
5. Robert Haugg (total 2063,46 points) wins a UP Silkbody and a UP T-Shirt*
6. Miroslav Mimochodek (1938,86 points) wins a Soft Shell Vest „Aconcagua“ and a T-Shirt*
7. Markus Seidl (total 1854,76 points) wins a „Stuffbag“ and a UP-Basecap
8. Peter Hoppe (total 1356,09 points) wins a pair of „Asgard“ gloves and a UP-Basecap
9. Petr Jurina (total 949,02 points) wins a UP Longsleeve Tee and a UP-Basecap
10. Rostislav Vondra (total 792,60 points) wins a T-Shirt* and a UP-Basecap
*of choice from the current range
We kindly ask all winners to get in touch with us to claim their prizes before December 31st 2013. The price reductions relate to the official UP retail prices as per October 31st 2013.
Please send us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org, or a letter to UP International, Kreuzeckbahnstraße 7, D-82467 Garmisch-Partenkirchen. You are also welcome to pop by the office in Garmisch during normal office hours, or to call us on +49/88 21/73 09 90!